On April 20th, the McCormick & Schmick’s in Edina, MN was the site of a Trexin Healthcare thought leadership event on the topic of “Bridging the Payer/Provider Divide”. The event was sponsored by Trexin Consulting’s Healthcare Analytics practice.
Approximately forty local Healthcare Analytics and IT senior executives joined Trexin specialists to enjoy an evening of cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, networking and a panel discussion The combination of an industry focused event, blue chip attendees, and a first-rate panel led to unusually vibrant discussions.
The panel was led by three industry experts:
- Kim Wiese – VP Portfolio Management & Growth – HCMC
- Stephen Ulanoski – Senior Director Strategy & Innovation – OptumRx/ BriovaRx
- Jeffrey Hill – Client Relationship Executive, Improving Health Outcomes and Cost – Trexin
The panel members shared their perspectives and experiences relative to the rapid evolution of care management nationally, creating an ever increasing economic burden on Payers, Practices and Patients:
- Payers and commercial businesses have higher expectations of the healthcare system, often based on promises of integrated care models.
- Providers look to drive increased efficiencies and enable integrated care models and capabilities to deliver higher value, more efficiently, with integrated systems and service – connecting the full continuum of care.
- Practitioners and prescribers are experiencing increased pressure on time and care management with having to see more patients, often at lower reimbursement and compensation.
- Technology – electronic medical records, mobile devices, and online experiences vary widely and may not connect with critical management systems.