The Networking Sunset Security Cruise is an annual networking event held by ISSA (Information System Security Association) and ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association). Their goals include:
- Bringing security professionals along with their guests together to network
- Creating a dialogue for current needs and difficulties in cybersecurity
- Providing opportunities to learn about new practices amongst each other
While this was an event for information security professionals, Trexin had the opportunity to connect with recent college grads seeking internships and roles in the cybersecurity world.
Trexin Advisors attended the event and were introduced to other technology professionals which included:
- Jim Adgate – Senior Information Risk and Security Analyst (U of Chicago Medicine)
- Mike Phillips – Founding Partner (VSEC LLC)
- George Quinlan – Senior Manager Security & Privacy (Protiviti)
- Dave Tyree – Managing Advisor (YoungTree Advisors LLC)
- Todd Fitzgerald – Vice President Cybersecurity Strategy (Cybersecurity Collaborative)
- Gregg Friedman – Splunk
- Doug Hubbard – Hubbard Decision Research
- Yilmaz Bal – Risk Analyst at CFTC
- Mike Hermann – Business Development at ThirdPartyTrust
- Shela Thomas – Business Development at ThirdPartyTrust
- Luke Gallagher – Business Development at ThirdPartyTrust
While there were professional introductions, Trexinites also had a great learning opportunity from the sponsors such as Splunk, Thales, and Microtrend on what they offer and how their solutions can help in the security world. An extra benefit was that some members of the Trexin team got to meet face to face for the first time.
To learn more about Trexin’s Cybersecurity Practice Area, please click here.