Hub88 is one of the major technology acceleration centers serving northern Illinois. As part of their monthly TechTalk series and in recognition of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, Trexin’s Chief Security Officer and Technology Capability Lead, Glenn Kapetansky, joined moderator Michele Piazza, Valerie Lyons, and Todd Rowe for a robust discussion. The overall topic addressed during their session was how privacy does not equal security and how to balance out the tradeoffs.
Discussions ranged from the key risks and security challenges of:
- A remote workforce and remote education, sharing the same physical home environment
- The maturation of Europe’s privacy compliance framework (GDPR) and US variants (NYDFS, CCPA)
- Drones and other Internet of Things
- The trends in breaches and threats, large and small
- Data protection and identity management
- The ingenuity of children, parallels with medieval castles and dog-keeping, and other entertaining war stories
To learn more about Hub88, please click here.
To learn more about Trexin’s Cybersecurity Practice Area, please click here.