On Nov 13th and 14th, 2014, Trexin’s Healthcare practice leadership attended the 2014 HIMSS Midwest Fall Technology Conference in Chicago. Healthcare executives and representatives from leading technology service providers attended the conference.
In this age of healthcare innovation, where access to care is under once-in-a-generation expansion, where new drugs, devices and diagnostics are coming on line to keep up with old and new diseases that ail us, where healthcare costs are increasing – albeit at a slower clip, it is imperative that we identify the best and most effective ways to new technologies and processes into how we deliver healthcare – while meeting regulatory, privacy, legal and ethical obligations.
This conference allowed participants to learn about:
- How several organizations are leading the way in applying technology (Cloud, Social, Mobile and Big Data) in old and new ways to define, analyze, communicate and address healthcare issues
- What CEOs/boards are looking to get out of Health Information Technology
- State and federal legal/regulatory frameworks related to new technologies (ranging from text messaging to social and mobile) into care or service delivery models
- Healthcare startup ecosystem experiences
- Examples of how hospitals are incorporating analytics into their operations
Trexin looks forward to participating and presenting at future HIMSS conferences.