The beautiful Denver Performing Arts Complex in Denver, Colorado, was the venue chosen to host this year’s Digital Summit – Denver, from June 25 – 26, 2019. Trexin’s Senior Graphic Designer, Carrie Swift, attended both the two-day summit in addition to a pre-summit Masterclass on “Advanced Social Media Marketing”.
For those of you unfamiliar with the Digital Summit Series, it is the place where professionals and industry thought leaders looking to up their digital marketing game can learn, network, expand their toolkit, and recharge strategies around content, search, email, mobile, UX + design, social, and strategy.
June 24th Pre-Summit Masterclass
Representatives from both B2B and B2C companies filled the room to learn about topics such as:
- How to audit your current state of social
- Identify landscape and competitive benchmarks
- Use content that moves, sings and smiles to capture audience attention
- Refresh social media reports for your organization
- Choose KPIs that demonstrate campaign health
- Understand how paid media augments a health organic strategy
- Create a social media playbook for your brand
This hands-on masterclass encouraged participants to discuss their current social marketing strategies, hits and misses, as well as share best practices and insights. Participants walked through a mock social media report and the metrics its produced.
June 25-26th Main Summit
The next two days were filled with workshops, keynote presentations, and a variety of sponsors from PicMonkey (online photo editing and design service) to Marketo (recently purchased by Adobe, they provide marketing automation software) to IBM Watson.
- A Case Study walkthrough of the re-branding of the city of San Jose, CA presented by Justin Watkins of Native Digital, LLC
- Video marketing trends and best practices presented by Jason Hsiao of Animoto
- Videos that speak so your audience hears by Sabrina Kizzie from Social Media Glamour
- A very amusing and insightful keynote by best-selling author Seth Godin
- A very technical talk around data-validated tactics to increase MQL by Garrett Mehrguth from Directive Consulting
- How to declutter your website by Alli Berry from The Motley Fool (with a comparison to Marie Kondo)
With over 65 workshops to choose from, coupled with presenters from Google to Ytel to Ringba, the most resounding takeaway, for any marketer, that came from the full event was this little tidbit of advice: